What are LSP RSM Regional Training days?
They are regional training days for London Paediatric trainees, run by trainees from the London School of Paediatrics and hosted by the Royal Society of Medicine. The days are designed to update trainees in areas of the curriculum that can be difficult to achieve in the workplace. Teaching is delivered by a variety of experts, including young people, their families, consultants, trainees and the multidisciplinary team.
Who are they for?
The sessions are aimed at 'level 2' trainees, but all trainees are welcome, and encouraged, to attend. Rota coordinators are encouraged to work together locally to maximise attendance; many paediatric departments go to "minimal staffing' on registrar rota on LSP RSM days in order to facilitate attendance.
Where do they take place?
Due to Covid-19, RSM hosted sessions virtually. Now, we offer some virtual days and some face to face at the Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London W1G 0AE. This is a 5-10 minute walk from either Bond Street or Oxford Circus Tube station.
How do I book?
Booking is via the RSM website (https://www.rsm.ac.uk).
Dates for 23/24:
- Monday 2nd October 2023 – Acute Paediatrics and PICU – FACE TO FACE
- Monday 23rd October 2023 – Cardiology – VIRTUAL
- Wednesday 22nd November 2023 – Endocrinology – FACE TO FACE
- Tuesday 12th December 2023 – Oncology – VIRTUAL
- Thursday 11th January 2024 – Gastroenterology/Hepatology – VIRTUAL
- Thursday 8th February 2024 – Paediatric Trauma – FACE TO FACE
- Tuesday 16th April 2024 – Child Protection – FACE TO FACE
- Thursday 9th May 2024 – Neonatology – VIRTUAL
- Wednesday 22nd May 2024 – Nephrology - London School of Paediatrics day – FACE TO FACE
- Thursday 6th June 2024 – Infectious disease and sexual health - London School of Paediatrics day – FACE TO FACE