What are RSM days?
They are regional training days for London Paediatric trainees, run by trainees from the London School of Paediatrics and hosted by the Royal Society of Medicine. The days are designed to update trainees in areas of the curriculum that can be difficult to achieve in the workplace. Teaching is delivered by a variety of experts, including young people, their families, consultants, trainees and the multidisciplinary team.
Who are they for?
The sessions are aimed at 'level 2' trainees, but all trainees are welcome, and encouraged, to attend. Rota coordinators are encouraged to work together locally to maximise attendance.
Where do they take place?
Due to Covid-19, RSM are currently hosting sessions virtually. From April 2022, we will return to face to face from Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London W1G 0AE. This is a 5-10 minute walk from either Bond Street or Oxford Circus Tube station.
How do I book?
Booking is via the RSM website (https://www.rsm.ac.uk).
- Wednesday 9th February 2022 – Paediatric Trauma (virtual): https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/paediatrics-and-child-health/2021-22/pdq59/
- Wednesday 20th April 2022 – Gastroenterology and Hepatology (F2F): https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/paediatrics-and-child-health/2021-22/pdq10/
- Friday 29th April – Leadership and Management (F2F): https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/paediatrics-and-child-health/2021-22/pdq11/
- Wednesday 4th May 2022 – Neonatology (F2F): https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/paediatrics-and-child-health/2021-22/pdq12/
- Wednesday 18th May 2022 – Child Protection (F2F): https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/paediatrics-and-child-health/2021-22/pdq13/
- Wednesday 15th June 2022 – Infectious Diseases and Sexual Health (F2F)
- Wednesday 13th July 2022 – Nephrology (F2F)