What is Transition to Consultant?
Transition to Consultant is a free 2 day course and shadowing scheme for paediatric trainees ST7 and above to help them prepare for their new role as consultants.
What does the course cover?
Transition to Consultant covers a range of topic including:
- What to expect from the consultant interview
- How to develop a service
- The structure of the NHS
- Complaints and serious incidents
- Supporting juniors
Day 1 is usually held in late Autumn and day 2 is usually held in early spring. In between days 1 and 2, trainees will be supported to shadow a consultant and a hospital manager to help broaden their understanding of their new roles.
How do I book?
This years course will take place on 27th November 2019 and 12th February 2020. As it is a 2 day course, you need to register for both dates. You can register here
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- "An excellent course- thank you!"
- "A great course. I would highly recommend this to other ST7-8s"
- "The two days were extremely comprehensive"
- "Really useful group discussions- it's always helpful to know others feel the same"
- "Nothing like I expected but I'm so happy I was able to attend"