Welcome to London School of Paediatrics Simulation!
Who are we?
- We are a group of Training Programme Directors, trainees and educators who have a passion and love for simulation in clinical practice.
- There are 5 TPD's spread througout London for simulation:
Dr Amutha Anpananthar (NECl London), Dr Jane Runnacles (Education), Dr Mehrengise Cooper (lead for simulation, NW London), Dr Morwenna Hodin (South London) and Dr Trisha Radia (South London)
- We have a network of paediatricians and allied health professionals within our faculty programme who deliver simulation in trusts all across London.
What do we do?
Our focus is to share innovative approaches to simulation across London. We have a novel approach to faculty development and organise courses for trainees and allied health professionals.
Faculty Development Programme
- Candidates on the PSFDP (Paediatric Simulation Faculty Development Programme) are senior paediatric trainees (ST678 or equivalent), consultants, allied health professionals who competitively apply to take part in the programme
- Our PSFDP cohorts generally commence the programme every December with a modular programme commencing with a Launch event
- Other modules include: Simulation facilitation on LSP ST1/ST3 courses, Simulation facilitation in local paediatric units (ED, NICU, Transport), Patient safety - latent errors and latent strengths, together with on-going expert mentorship and peer mentorship
- ST1 and ST3 full immersion one day multidisciplinary course including 5 scenarios on the acutely unwell child
- ST3 part task & communication simulation days designed to prepare level 1 trianees for their level 2 posts.
- PRACP - paediatric return to acute paediatric programme for trainees returning to clinical work after a period of time out of training.
- Here is a very useful video on Human Factors that has been put together by the LSP team and provides excellent resources around this subject. Please have a look anytime and of course before attend the simulation training days:
- Introduction to Simulation training
- London School of Paediatrics Simulation Programme Part-task training guide 2018-2019
Current simulation days available to book:
- London School of Paediatrics Simulation Programme DATES 2020February 18, 2020
- Paediatric Sepsis Simulation CourseFebruary 1, 2020
- Paediatric Critical Care 5 day modules: General + Cardiac + Transport – Registration Open NowJanuary 17, 2020
- London School of Paediatrics Conference 2020November 19, 2019
- PRACP 2020October 13, 2019
- LSP Paediatric Simulation Faculty Development Programme 2019 – APPLICATIONS OPENSeptember 25, 2019
- Neonatal Airway Training Course at GOSH 5.11.2019August 16, 2019
- Be a NICU Survivalist!: FREE training day on surviving and thriving on the NICU (FY3-ST6)August 2, 2019
- Neonatal Emergencies Study Day – 26th July 2019July 14, 2019
- Spaces Available for Full Immersion Simulation at St George’s HospitalJuly 2, 2019
- Chelsea and Westminster simulation dates – linksMay 30, 2019
- Simulation Training days – Full Immersion and Part-Task/CommunicationMay 24, 2019
- London School of Paediatrics Simulation Training Programme new dates at St George’s HospitalApril 23, 2019
- Paediatric Retrieval and Acute Multidisciplinary Stabilisation (PRAMS) CourseMarch 3, 2019
- Part Task / Communication Simulation at The Evelina Childrens HospitalFebruary 5, 2019