Why do we have a Paediatric Return to Acute Clinical Practice (PRACP) Course?
Returning to acute clinical practice whether it is post maternity leave, research, OOPE or career break is daunting for the best of us. There is the worry that your clinical knowledge is rusty, your resuscitation skills are not up-to-scratch and that new changes in paediatrics and training have passed you by. Add to that any number of possible stressful factors: a new baby, a PhD to finish writing up, the challenges of working part-time, dealing with ongoing health issues, juggling academia and on-call rotas etc etc it is no wonder that many health professionals find the transition difficult. BUT… help is at hand with the PRACP course!
What does the PRACP Course involve?
This course developed by the London School of Paediatrics is open to all members of multi-professional team returning to acute paediatrics. The multi-professional and multi-level aspect lends itself well to simulation sessions to provide a stress-free opportunity in a safe environment to practice resuscitation and team working skills. The course will include:
- High fidelity paediatric simulation scenarios
- Hot topics talk: signposting to key updates in paediatrics
- Workshops addressing issues associated with flexible training, academic training and completing work-place based assessments, eportfolio and the RCPCH curriculum
- Resilience workshop supported by a clinical psychologist discussing self-care, mindfulness and ways to try and balance work and life
- An opportunity to network with other trainees returning and the course faculty with signposting to mentoring support
Who is at aimed at?
This course is aimed at anyone returning to acute paediatrics after a break for whatever reason and is open to other paediatric healthcare professionals as well as doctors.
Training Dates, Venue and Booking Information
These training days are free and will now be run SIX times per year in each London sector. Information on courses currently planned for 2020 is available here: PRACP 2020 flyer
To book onto the upcoming training day on the 17th January 2020 27th of February 2020, please register here: