IT’S TIME FOR ARCP:
We hope that your training has been progressing well over the past year and that there has been minimal disruption to your programme.
DATES & DEADLINES:
The winter round of ARCP reviews will take place between the 25th and 28th of January 2022.
The deadline for ensuring readiness of ePortfolios for the winter ARCP review will be Sunday 16th January 2022
HOW DO I PREPARE?
We appreciate that the ARCP process can be a little daunting. We have produced an ARCP guide which we hope will address any confusion and smoothen the process for trainees and trainers (this has been sent to you). Also the LSP ARCP section on this website has been completely revamped with lots of information and guidance including the ARCP guide – please see here: https://londonpaediatrics.co.uk/current-trainees/arcp/
There are also plans for some evening ARCP webinars in the coming weeks- please look out for more info.
Key Issues for this ARCP
- The disruption to training from Covid is now minimal but we will continue to use the Covid minimum curriculum requirements and pared down evidence as defined by the RCPCH where and when necessary. (specific guidance for each level of training which can be found in the ARCP guide and college website)
- Covid outcomes 10.1 and 10.2 will only be used where there is clear evidence that disruption to training has taken place.
- Please note that for the ARCP review, every post completed within the assessment period must have an Educational Supervisor Trainer’s Report (in addition to a clinical supervisor report if the trainee has a separate CS) unless you have had the same educational supervisor for the year.
- Use the form titled “Supervisor Report (all options) from the ‘Create New Event’ menu on Eportfolio and select “Educational Supervisor Report for ARCP”.
- *DO NOT USE THE ‘END OF PLACEMENT SUMMARY REPORT (NOT FOR ARCP’) FORM!!!
Which trainees are due to have an ARCP review in the winter 2022 round?
-All trainees who have not had an ARCP since winter 2021
-All trainees due to complete training by the wind of this rotation
-Trainees who have been asked to have an ARCP review for specific reasons
*Please note that if you had a summer 2021 ARCP review, you will not need to be reviewed this winter round unless you are changing levels
What do I need to do now? (Practical steps)
6-8 weeks to the ARCP
-Review your eportfolio in accordance with the RCPCH Progress curriculum for your level of training. Review your PDP goals.
-Ensure the dates of all training posts and absences are logged properly onto your eportfolio. Failure to do this will mean we cannot access your eportfolio as you will not come up on the list of London trainees.
-Arrange an MSF if you have not had one in the past year, particularly if you are completing a level
-Complete WBPAs, reflective entries and update your skills log
-If you are a grid trainee, please arrange for a CSAC review if you have not had one in the past year
2-4 weeks to the ARCP
-Arrange a date to meet with your educational supervisor (ES)
-Review and document your progress in achieving the learning outcomes (LO) relating to the key capabilities in the 11 domains for your level of training.
-Complete a trainee led supervision report for ARCP and send onto your ES
-Create an ARCP Summer 2021 Folder and ensure the following are completed and uploaded onto your eportfolio:
Form R, CCT calculator and Post Proforma, Exams and Courses Proforma, START remediation folder and any other relevant documentation like an OOP supervisor report, OOPR academic supervisor’s report, Fast-tracking form etc.
1-2 weeks to the ARCP
-Meet with your ES. Discuss your training so far and agree on your progress
-Your ES should then complete the RCPCH Educational Supervisor Section including Clinical Supervisor section unless you have a separate CS who should then complete a CS trainer’s report.
*Please do not complete the ‘End of Placement summary report (NOT FOR ARCP) form
After your ARCP
Review your ARCP outcome, taking note of any recommendations and sign the outcome. Email the TPD chairing the panel if you would like to query the outcome or get any clarification. Their email address will be on your ARCP outcome.
Please look out for details of the ARCP webinars!
With best wishes,
London School of Paediatrics