The WellChild Awards, in association with GSK, celebrate the inspirational qualities of the UK’s seriously ill children and young people along with those who go that extra mile to make a difference to their lives.
There are six categories open for nominations in the WellChild Awards 2018, each category sponsored by a company or organisation. These Awards can really have a positive impact on the winners, their families and those who provide support. Categories are as follows:
- Inspirational Child or Young Person – A child or young person between the ages of four and eighteen who has kept smiling against all odds in coping with or overcoming serious illness, and who deserves to be celebrated for their extraordinary courage.
- Most Caring Child or Young Person – A child between the ages of four and eighteen who devotes much of their time and energy freely and lovingly to care for a friend or sibling who is sick.
- Inspirational Nurse – A nurse working with children and young people who goes the extra mile for the children in their care.
- Inspirational Doctor – A doctor working with children and young people who goes the extra mile for the children and young people in their care.
- Inspirational Health Team – A team of doctors, nurses, or other healthcare professionals, in a hospital, clinic or doctor’s surgery, who work together to make a huge difference to the lives of seriously ill children.
- Outstanding Professional Award – Any professional e.g. a physiotherapist, social worker, who has worked above and beyond for children and young people in their care.