Brought to you by people behind the 2020 weekly interactive LSP journal club, the UCL Evidence-Based Child Health course is a well-established and much-loved four-day course delivered for the UCL child health MSc programmes. This year it runs between 7-10 December as a wholly online course, with a mixture of small group workshops, interactive material to work through as a group and group work.
For the first time we are offering three places to external delegates. As this is a trial for future years, we are offering the very reduced price of £250. Book at www.ucl.ac.uk/child-health/events/2020/dec/evidence-based-child-health
The course is clearly aligned with the Progress curriculum (domain 11: www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/rcpch-progress-domain-resources-research-scholarship).
You will learn:
- How to turn clinical uncertainty into a structured question
- How to perform a systematic literature search and select appropriate evidence
- How to critically appraise published literature about interventions and diagnostic tests
- The principles of systematic reviews and meta-analyses, including critical appraisal
- How to practice evidence-based medicine by integrating evidence, expertise and patient values
Due to the need to register external delegates on UCL systems, sign up as soon as possible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information