Preparing for RCPCH Progress: What you need to know
2018 is the year of huge change in paediatric training with the introduction in August of the new RCPCH Progress Curriculum.
Preparing for Progress: ‘how-to’ webinars for TPDs and Tutors
The RCPCH is hosting 30 minute ‘train the trainer’ webinars for TPDs and College tutors (or any other clinician leading on curriculum planning). These will include an refresher of the changes, a ‘how-to’ guide for TPDs and Tutors on ensuring that the trainees and trainers at their sites are prepared for the transition, and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
The dates, times and sign up links are below and will be publicised in the College Tutors e-newsletter next week.
Monday 15th January 1-1.30pm Sign-up: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5641209720887271683
Thursday 25th January 2-2.30pm Sign-up: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5179507196198233603
Tuesday 30th January 4-4.30pm Sign-up: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4612575911172857859
Preparing for Progress: guidance and resources
A comprehensive range of materials have been produced and are now available from the RCPCH Progress webpage and the College Tutor toolkit to assist all clinicians prepare for the transition to RCPCH Progress. These include:
- A full slide pack with speakers notes for clinicians presenting to their colleagues about the new curriculum and the transition plans.
- A month-by-month countdown for TPDs and College Tutors responsible for preparing their sites for the transition.
- Transition guidance, including important information on how this will affect ST7 and ST8 trainees, and what trainees wanting to bring forward their CCT dates to before the cut off date need to do now.
- Printable factsheets giving an overview of the new curriculum and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Short videos explaining the new curriculum, and how to use it in ePortfolio.
For more information
This webpage, www.rcpch.ac.uk/progress is regularly updated with additional resources and information. If you cannot find the answer to your query, trainers are welcome to contact email@example.com. The curriculum and ePortfolio teams will be available throughout the Annual Conference in March.
Thanks in advance for your support over the coming months as we prepare to launch RCPCH Progress.