A one-day course dealing with the diagnosis, assessment, multidisciplinary management and referral pathways for children and young people who have chronic pain.
When and where: 23 November, 8.45am – 5pm at RCPCH, London
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify current concepts of pain physiology in acute and chronic pain
- Explain underlying mechanisms in clinical presentations of pain
- Utilise the chronic pain management pathway in children and pain education techniques
- Assess pain intensity and pain-associated disability
- Explain multimodal management principles in nociceptive, neuropathic and functional pain disorders
- Prescribe and implement rational and evidence-based pain management strategies
- Identify referral pathways and avoid pitfalls in the management of problematic pain.
Who is this course for?
Paediatric trainees, Pain medicine trainees, SAS doctors, Paediatric consultants, Nurses and Allied Health Professionals
“Gives an insight into the gold standard chronic pain management service and useful tips on managing challenging consultations and patients” Delegate feedback
Register today: https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/education/courses/rcpch-course/how-manage-chronic-pain