Doctors face a number of stresses in their work which can detrimentally affect their mental health. In recognition of the importance of promoting wellbeing among doctors, Child Bereavement UK is pleased to have been awarded a grant from BMA Giving to develop and deliver a training webinar.
Each webinar focuses on
- Aspects of work that compromise your wellbeing
- Factors increasing the risk of deterioration in doctors’ mental health
- The impact of working with loss, death and grief, both personally and professionally
- Strategies to build and maintain resilience, including monitoring your stress levels, your reactions to loss and your vulnerability
- The dual process model of coping with bereavement
- Compassion fatigue and burnout: signs and contributory factors
- Barriers to seeking help
- What helps in developing a culture of care
- Greater awareness of the impact of working in the face of loss, grief and bereavement on you as a professional
- An ability to acknowledge what your workplace experiences mean for you both personally and professionally
- The development of strategies to build your resilience and maintain your wellbeing
Who should attend?
- All doctors and trainees whose roles involve exposure to issues of grief and bereavement.
- 1 hour
- 6 October 2021: 13.00 – 14.00
- 14 October 2021: 10.00 – 11.00
- 26 October 2021: 13.00 – 14.00
- 10 November 2021: 12.00 – 13.00
- 24 November 2021: 16.00 – 17.00
- 8 December 2021: 12.00 – 13.00
NB: this is different to the Child Bereavement Study Day which can be found here