Are you interested in working across traditional boundaries?
Do you want to achieve some of your leadership and integrated care RCPCH Progress objectives?
If YES, then Learning Together clinics are for you!
Learning Together is an exciting interdisciplinary training model between paediatrics and GP trainees. A paediatric trainee (ST5+) pairs with a GP ST3 and they run a series of focused child health joint clinics within primary care. More information can be found at: www.learningtogether.org.uk
How can you get involved?
We are looking for Level 2/3 trainees to be local champions for Learning Together clinics across London. Following the successful pilot stages we are now encouraging all trusts to set up and run their own Learning Together schemes locally. Some sites already have clinics up and running, others need kick-starting. This is your chance to get involved in setting up and running your own local schemes.
What support can you expect as LT Local champion?
- You will be linked-up with a local Paediatric Consultant Champion, and GP lead for your patch.
- We will help you kick-start your scheme by inviting you to a start-up workshop to explore how clinics work, discuss any barriers and enablers to running clinics and help answer any questions you may have .
o 16th Oct 6-8pm: Stewart House Events Centre, Rooms 8/9
What curricular objectives can you achieve through being LT Local Champions?
- Domain 5. Health promotion and illness promotion
Demonstrates leadership in the promotion of health and wellbeing practices in the wider community
- Domain 6 Leadership and team working. Leads in multi-disciplinary team working.
- Domain 10 Education and training. Models the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide appropriate teaching, learning opportunities, supervision, assessment and mentorship in the paediatric healthcare setting.
If interested please fill in the online form here:
and try and attend the start-up workshop…don’t worry if you can’t attend, we can talk you through it, but it would be great if you could.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sign up here for start-up workshop: